Monday, June 22, 2026

Portfolio 2 Mid Check



Initial Bake Errors in Substance Painter (Thankfully fixed all of them except the ropes, just have to fix UV's for them)
   
    I successfully achieved my goals for this week by completing the remaining environment sculpts in ZBrush and finishing the UVs for the main fish hut. Only a few minor adjustments remain before beginning the next sprint, which will focus entirely on texturing. My next step is to export the high-poly exterior environment assets into Substance Painter, as the low-poly versions are already done. I will then redo the bake to identify and fix any remaining issues before moving into the texturing phase. Depending on the time required to texture the entire environment, I may distribute some of that work into the final sprint to maintain a more balanced workload.

Schedule Project 2:

  • June 30th: Hand-paint the environment assets and complete UV's in Maya.
  • July 7th: Polish water shader. Finalize and import 2D parallax planes into the background. Finish second half of texturing if there is anything left over.
  • Stretch Goal: Sculpt the two cat characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio 3 Week 4 Final Turn In